In this privacy and cookie statement, we explain what personal data we collect and use, and for what purpose. We encourage you to read this statement carefully.
What is personal data and what is understood by the processing of personal data?
Personal data is any information about an identified or identifiable natural person. Every piece of information that directly or indirectly identifies a person is personal data. This may include your name, contact details and any other information that is or can be linked to you, including e-mail address, location details, login code, bank details etc.
Processing personal data means any act or set of acts relating to personal data.
Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
Kunstpunt Groningen is responsible for the processing of personal data as set out in this privacy statement.
Personal data that we process
Kunstpunt Groningen processes your personal data because you make use of our services and/or because you provide us with this data yourself, for instance in a registration, complaint, contact or order form on our website. Please find below an overview of the personal data that we process:
- Initials, first and last name
- Landline or mobile phone number
- E-mail address
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example by filling in a contact form on the website, by filling in a registration form, by filling in a consent form, in other correspondence or by telephone.
- IP address
- Web browser and device type
- Information about your activities on our website
For what purpose and on what basis do we process personal data?
Kunstpunt Groningen processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To be able to contact you.
- To enter into and execute agreements.
- To inform and advise.
- To make offers.
- To conduct investigations.
- To analyse your behaviour on our websites in order to improve these websites and tailor the range of products and services to your preferences.
- To handle complaints and compliments.
- To exercise and defend the rights of CBK Groningen, such as in the event of disputes.
Why may we process your personal data?
According to the law, in particular the AVG, Kunstpunt Groningen may only process personal data if one of the legal grounds applies. Kunstpunt Groningen uses the following legal grounds for the processing of personal data:
- after obtaining consent from the person whose personal data we are processing.
- in the context of the realisation and/or execution of an agreement.
- to comply with a legal obligation (including processing for accountancy purposes, tax obligations and obligations under court orders or other mandatory laws and regulations).
- in connection with the legitimate interests of CBK Groningen whereby CBK Groningen will ensure that the impact on your privacy is as limited as possible.
How long do we retain your personal data?
Kunstpunt Groningen will not retain your personal data any longer than is strictly necessary for the purposes for which they are collected. We adopt legal retention periods if applicable.
Kunstpunt Groningen does not make any decisions on the basis of automated processing in relation to matters that could have considerable (or less considerable) consequences for individuals. These are decisions made by computer programs or systems, without the involvement of a person (for example an employee of Kunstpunt Groningen).
Sharing personal data with third parties
Kunstpunt Groningen will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes, unless we have your explicit consent to do so or if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation.
We enter into a Processing Agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf in order to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data.
Kunstpunt Groningen will remain responsible for this processing.
Cookies, or similar technologies, that we use
You can opt out of cookies by configuring your web browser so that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, you can delete all information previously stored through your browser settings. See for an explanation: veiliginternetten.nl/themes/privacy/cookies-browsegeschiedenis-en-auto-aanvullen
Inspection, deletion and amendment: what are your privacy rights?
Under applicable laws and regulations, you have various rights with respect to your personal data, including:
- Right of inspection. At your request, we will provide you with information about the personal data we process about you free of charge.
- Right to rectification. At your request, we will correct, supplement, block or delete your personal data in the event that they are factually inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant to the purpose or purposes of the processing, or if they are processed in any other way that infringes a legal provision.
- Withdrawing your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time for future processing by us of your personal data.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Right to data erasure. Where applicable, we will delete your personal data without unreasonable delay (right to be forgotten).
- Right to object. If applicable, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of ‘legitimate interest’, among other things.
- Right to data portability. If applicable, we will provide you with an overview of the personal data you have provided to us so that this data can be transferred to another data controller, insofar as this is technically possible (data portability).
- Right of complaint. Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority if you believe that your personal data is being processed in breach of this privacy statement.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you may do so by contacting us at the contact details provided in this statement. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, and in any event within four weeks.
To make sure that the request for inspection has been made by you, we ask you to make the request using one of the e-mail addresses known to us and stating the institution(s) concerned.
If we have any doubts as to the identity of the applicant, we ask you to come by with a valid ID or to send a copy of a valid identity document. In this copy, make sure that your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip containing numbers at the bottom of the passport), document number and Citizen Service Number (BSN) are black. This is to protect your privacy. A handy app for this is the kopieID app from the Dutch government. It is available at: www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/identiteitsfraude/vraag-en-antwoord/veilige-kopie-identiteitsbewijs.
How we safeguard personal data
Kunstspunt Groningen takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures against loss or unlawful processing. Your data is sent over the internet via secure connections. We contractually obligate third parties engaged in the management and development of website(s) or app(s) to respect the confidentiality of your information.
If you feel that your information is not properly secured or that there are indications of misuse, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this privacy statement
This privacy statement was last amended on 26 January 2021.